Well, since it has been almost a month since my last blog, we've had a lot going on! Aliz had her first ear infection - in both ears - giving her a 103.5 temp, which was the highest she's had. So, that was a little scary for us. She was definitely not herself during those few days, crying every time we set her down. She's on amoxicillin, and back to her normal happy self, so hopefully we won't have any more problems...
Tooth number 7 (on bottom) finally came through, so Aliz is more eager than ever to sink her teeth into anything she can (including us!). She eats a lot of table foods, now, and loves having dinner with us.
Last night, we had dinner at the beautiful house of our friends Scott & Betsy. Scott is one of Jason's co-workers and possibly his fraternal twin - separated at birth. Scott & Betsy bought a home that was in pain, and they have completely gutted and redone everything - it is gorgeous! It has inspired Jason to gut our home and redo it, too! HA!
We did finally purchase a leather sofa to replace our old nasty stuff that we got rid of, and we LOVE it. It reclines and is SO much easier to clean - no cat hair! And, hopefully, it will be easier for Jason to sleep on without having allergy issues. Now, if only we can keep the dogs from scratching it! We also bought a beautiful Broyhill dining room set (from craigslist) that we (aka Jason) are refinishing and reupholstering... that is, if we can agree on a fabric :) We hope to have it done by Aliz's 1st Birthday Party.
Jason had his midterms last week and did VERY well. Aliz and I are so proud of him :)
Aliz now loves to be picked up and ushered around the house so she can point at photos (and pretty much everything in sight) and say "Thaaaat?" so we will tell her who/what everything is. The other thing she's started doing over the past month that we just LOVE is, she will find a book, bring it to us, crawl into our lap and wait for us to read it to her. Although, her patience usually only lasts about 4-5 pages (depending on the book), we still melt everytime she does it. That was kind of a dumb statement... we pretty much melt anytime she laughs (which is every 3-4 seconds), smiles, talks, screams or blinks. We're totally baby-whipped. If we have another, we are due to get a total hellian. We should just name him/her Karma.
Ok, one thing that is not about Aliz. Gas was down to $2.67, today, and I'm a little bit angry about it. I don't know if a family blog is the place for politics, but... it's got me very curious as to why we were paying over a dollar more per gallon only weeks ago. "Demand is down" my hinie. And, I'm also curious as to how long they'll wait after the election is over before it shoots back up.
Anyway, I sent in my absentee ballot, last week, and there was only one candidate for Sheriff, so I wrote Jason in :) I'll let you know if we get a new Sheriff in town.
1 comment:
Thanks for the update! I'm so sad I have to miss her birthday party! She is an absolute darling- like her mama!
Post a Comment